Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Spot the Shot



The most interesting thing about photography is the freedom one is given with angles. The angle of the each shot makes it much more interesting.

The easiest way to create a unique photo is to think outside of the box.

Typically, photos are taken at eye level. Taking pictures from above and/or below the subject instantly gives the photographer a much more interesting shot.

Another option is through the subject's eyes. When a photographer is assigned to capture an event, a great option to capturing that event is through the particiapant's eyes.

For example, a photographer is supposed to capture a local carnival. This event is directed towards younger children. A great way to begin, the photographer could capture the carnival from their knees. This makes them see everything a child would see as he particiapted in the carnival activities.

7 comments:

RKildall said...

This is an interesting concept. I enjoy photography and you really don't see that many simple shots from above. I really like the picture you posted of the man and the woman.

Josh Cratty and Sam Parker said...

I love photography too! My favorite thing to do is take pictures of people. Young people, old people, average people. I love capturing the emotions in a photo.

awray said...

I agree with your suggestion that photographers should take the subject's perspective. A picture is more likely to tell a story when the angles are unique.

JCrothers said...

Photography is defintely amazing! It's cool that you know so much about the topic, that makes it even more fun! I like the pictures you posted as well.

Katie said...

A+
I really like your blog. I find photography very interesting and its totes cool to see other people do as well.

Anonymous said...

ooooh aaaah. : ) i like it very much. photography is very interesting!

HDonahue said...

I love the suggestions for the different angles. A lot of times the angle is what can make or break the picture. I really love the shot you put on there that is taken from above of the couple. It's unusual and eye-catching.